File Your Nevada Corporation Online Yourself

File Your Nevada Corporation Online Yourself

This tutorial will take you step by step so that you can file your Nevada Corporation online yourself. If you have any problems or questions, please call us at 775.782.6587 and we will help you.

Is the Name of my New Corporation Available?

The Nevada Secretary of State does not provide a name availability service. However, you can go to the Secretary of State’s website Business Entities Search page and type in the name you want for your new Corporation. If it is not taken and it is not so similar to another business name as to cause confusion, you can probably have it.

If you want the Nevada Secretary of State to formally reserve a Corporation Name for you, you can:

Requesting a name be reserved by submitting a completed Name Reservation Form, along with the filing fee of $25.00. You may expedite your name reservation by including an additional $25.00. Be sure to request “expedited service” in your cover letter.

You may also reserve a name on the Secretary of State’s Website and clicking on “Name Reservations.”

If you reserve a Corporation name you will need to include the Name Reservation Job Number and the Document Number referenced on the document(s) you received from the Secretary of State’s office in response to your Name Reservation request.

Certain words, if used as part of the name or purpose require advance approval by one of the State’s regulatory agencies – Financial Institutions Division, Insurance Division, State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors, State Board of Accountancy or Real Estate Division. Check out Nevada’s Regulatory Word List.

If you submit a name in a foreign language, you need to provide an English Translation of the name.

How would you like to end your Corporation’s name?

You may put an ending on the name of your Corporation like Co, Company, Corp, Corporation, Inc, Incorporated, Limited, LTD, or nothing at all. In Nevada you do not have to have an ending after the name of a corporation.

What is the Purpose of my new Corporation?

This is optional and self explanatory. I have always used the words “To engage in any lawful activity within or without the State of Nevada.”

Who is going to be your Registered Agent in Nevada?

All Nevada Business Entities are required to maintain a Registered Agent, with a valid street address in Nevada, for service of process. At Nevada Discount Registered Agent, Inc. we take our responsibility very seriously and go the extra mile to service our clients. Our Registered Agent fee is $69.95 a year. We will e-mail you a completed Acceptance Form (PDF) that you will upload when you file your articles online. Click here to get your Acceptance Form. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 775.782.6587.

Should I have par or no-par shares?

Most shares issued today are classified as no-par stock. No-par value stock prices are determined by what investors are willing to pay for them in the market. Companies find it beneficial to issue no-par value stock as they have flexibility in setting higher prices for future public offerings and have less liability to shareholders in the case that their stock falls dramatically.

How many Shares should I authorize to be issued?

The State of Nevada determines your Filing Fee based on the number of Authorized Shares. Authorized does not mean issued. You can have Authorization to issue 75,000 shares and only issue 1. If you choose to Authorize the Corporation to issue up to 75,000 shares of no-par stock, the Filing Fee to form your Corporation is $75.00. This is the minimum Filing Fee. I have always authorized 25,000 shares of no-par stock when I formed corporations – and I have formed quite a few.

Who is going to be your Director/Trustee?

In a Corporation, Shareholders elect the Director/Trustee and the Director/Trustee elects the officers. In most cases, this is going to by you. If it is not, have that person’s name and address available.

Who is going to form your new Corporation?

Again, in most cases this is going to be you. However, another Business Entity can be the incorporator. Decide who this will be and have their address available.

Which tax form do you want to use with the IRS?

This is a question you need to ask your CPA or tax advisor. Ask your CPA how you want to be classified with the IRS. You have the choice of being taxed as a regular Corporation (C) or an S Corporation.

Before filing, you need to create an account with the Nevada Secretary of State.

Go to Nevada’s One-Stop Shop for Business Registration and complete the simple questions. When you are finished, the SOS sends an email link to the email address you gave. You click on the link to activate the account. Then you can log in.

Ok, let’s check what we have done so far.

  • You have answered all these questions and are ready to enter your information online.
  • You have received the Acceptance Form (PDF) provided by your new Registered Agent.
  • You have a Nevada Secretary of State Online Account set up.

You are now ready to file for your new Corporation.

  • Go to Start a Business
  • Click on Corporation & Next.
  • Enter your email and password and click “Sign In”
  • Start Entering Your Information.
  • Corporation Name
  • Corporation Ending
  • English Translation of the Corporation’s Name
  • Purpose of the Corporation
  • Regulatory Approval – Skip this unless you have a special Nevada license
  • Attach Form


  • Select Your Registered Agent
  • Search and find Nevada Discount Registered Agent, Inc and choose “Select”


  • Check “I am Not the Registered Agent stated above”
  • Browse to find the Registered Agent Acceptance file (PDF) on your computer and click “Attach Form”


  • Enter the number of shares without par value – 75,000 or less.
  • Click the box “Set No Par Shares”


  • Add whoever is to be your Initial Director/Trustee and his/her address
  • Click “Add Director/Trustee”


  • Add whoever is to be your Incorporator and his/her address
  • Click “Add Incorporator”
  • Declaration of Terms and Conditions
  • Click “Accept”


  • Upload Supporting Documents (You probably will not have any. Do Not upload you By-Laws.)
  • If you do have something, Click “Attach Form”


  • Review all the information you entered. If it is all correct, click “Add to Cart”
  • Next to proceed to checkout
  • Charge to a Credit/Debit Card

Initial List of Officers

Your Initial List of Officers does not have to be filed with the Nevada Secretary of State until the last day of next month, if you filed your articles today. However, in order to open a bank account, the bank will require that you bring in your file stamped Initial List. So, let’s take care of that now.

The Nevada filing fee for the Initial List is $150.00. This is also the fee that you will pay to the State of Nevada every year when you file your Annual List of Officers.

Along with your Initial List the State will require you to obtain the Nevada State Business License.

This costs $500.00 per year unless you are exempt. Nevada exempts the following businesses:

Nevada nonprofit corporations formed under NRS Chapter 82 and Corporations Sole formed under NRS Chapter 84 are specific exceptions and are not required to obtain a State Business License.

In addition, specific statutory provisions exempt certain businesses from the requirements of the State Business License. These businesses must still initially submit the form, WITHOUT FEE stating the specific exemption. The Statutory exemptions are as follows:

A nonprofit religious, charitable, fraternal or other organization that qualifies as a tax-exempt organization pursuant to 26 U.S.C. § 501(c).

A business who has an active motion picture project in the State of Nevada. As used in this paragraph, “motion pictures” has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 231.020.

An insurance company licensed pursuant to NRS 680B.020 not conducting business not incidental to Title 57.

To file your Initial List of Officers,

Sign in to SilverFlume

  • Go to the bottom of the page and click “Continue” to get to the Login Page.
  • Enter your email and password and click “Login”
  • Choose Initial / Annual List Filings
  • Click Entity Search and enter your Corporation’s name
  • Select your Corporation from the list
  • Click File Initial List of Officers and Business License

You will be asked to enter your Director/Trustee, President, Secretary, and Treasurer’s name and address. These can all be the same person. In fact, it is better if they are the same person.

Complete the information requested.

Next, let’s get your Employer Identification Number from the IRS.

Go To the IRS EIN Assistant

Choose Corporation and proceed. The questions are straight forward and easy to answer. Just follow the instructions.

Next, you need to order your Corporate Book.

Every Corporation needs a Corporate Book. It can be formal or informal. Even though you can use a binder from Wal Mart and make a book up yourself, I suggest you buy one from Blumberg Excelsior. It is much more professional.

Either go to the Blumberg Excelsior website or call them at 800.221.2972.

I like the Burgundy Beauty for $75.00 but check out their website and order the one that you like best. They come with a corporate seal, certificates, transfer ledger, dividers, and minute paper. You can order their kits with printed minutes and By-Laws or you can download the ones on this site. Your choice.

And finally, it is time to open your Corporation Bank Account.

You will need to show all banks your:

  • Filed Articles of Incorporation.
  • Filed Initial List
  • Letter from the IRS confirming your new EIN number.

Your bank may ask for additional items. Give them a call and ask what other items you need to bring with you.

We hope this tutorial has been beneficial to you. We would appreciate any comments, suggestions, successes, corrections, or broken links that you have to offer.

We wish you the best in your new business venture.